Our bodies are seriously amazing. …
1. Your belly button has its own microbiome with thousands of important bacteria.
2. In a lifetime, the average person produces about 25,000 quarts of saliva, which is the equivalent of filling two swimming pools.
4. The nose can remember 50,000 different smells.
9. Humans have the same amount of hair as a chimpanzee but most of the hairs are just finer and shorter.
10. Our heartbeats change to mimic music we listen to.
11. To walk a single step requires the use of up to 200 muscles.
13. Nerve impulses travel to and from the brain at somewhere around 200 miles per hour.
15. The body produces 25 million new cells each second.
17. Most of the dust that you find around your home is made up of dead skin.
18. A sneeze can exceed 100 mph.
19. Women blink twice as much as men.
20. Human bones are as strong as granite.
29. You spend about 10% of your waking hours with your eyes closed due to blinking.
39. Everyone has a unique tongue print, similar to how everyone has unique fingerprints.
45. The average human body has 60,000 miles of blood vessels.